Office Phone: 724-834-0560
Rabbi Stacy L. Petersohn is presently serving as the Rabbi of Congregation Emanu-El Israel in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. She accepted the pulpit in early July, 2017.
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion Rabbinical Program, 2011-2017
- Masters of Art in Hebrew Letters, 2014
- Rabbis Without Borders Student Fellowship, 2013-2014
- Rabbinic Thesis: Text Immersion on Tractate Ta’anit, 2017
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion Rhea Hirsch School of Education, 2014-2015
- Masters of Art in Jewish Education, 2015
University of San Francisco, 2005-2009
- Bachelors of Art in Performing Arts and Social Justice
- Minor in Jewish Studies and Social Justice Minor
- Presidential Inauguration Leadership Summit participant, 2008
- Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Semester Abroad, University College of Dublin, Ireland
- International Student Leadership Program in Music, Austria, Czech Republic, and Italy
- Summer Theater Program, Peru
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA 2016-2017
- Developed and implemented a plan for social media engagement through Facebook, Instagram, Orgsync, and email.
- Create and organize events for Jewish student life on campus, e.g. High Holiday meals and services, monthly Shabbat programs, daily events in the sukkah.
- Collaborate with other departments and groups for interfaith and intercultural experiences, including a Shabbat service and communal dinner in honor of Ignatian Heritage Month with Resident ministries.
- Designed and taught a four class course entitled “Dangerous Women of the Talmud”.
- Led weekly Shabbat evening and morning services incorporating elements of storytelling, art appreciation therapy, and Torah study
- Facilitated daily pastoral visits with residents and short term patients in the Acute Psychiatric Unit and Rehabilitation Unit.