CEI has developed an outreach initiative that focuses on opportunities for persons who are blind or visually impaired to participate in our Jewish community no matter where they live
The goal of this initiative is to create a community that is inclusive of Jewish persons who are blind or visually impaired. CEI goes beyond just providing Friday night services. We offer opportunities to interact and make real connections.
Our initiative currently offers:
- Friday night services online – attend and participate from home. Assistance will be provided to access prayer books in braille or large print. An online version is also available.
- Access to online seminars and educational programs throughout the year.
- Access to the Rabbi via phone, email or online conference.
- Opportunities to celebrate life cycle events, such as a baby naming, bar/bat mitzvot and funerals.
- Religious and Hebrew Education for adults or children, either at our facility or online.
- Discussion sessions to learn and share experience with home based religious observances, i.e. Passover Seder, Sukkot, Shabbat.
- Monthly online conferences for members to discuss topics specific to their Jewish needs, ex. lighting Shabbat candles.
We invite you to join us at our online Friday night Shabbat Services. They begin at 7:30 pm Eastern time. For information on how to access the services, please go the following link:
You are also welcome to contact the rabbi by email at email@example.com or by phone at 724-834-0560 for any questions you may have or to help you connect.
On behalf of our Congregation, we are confident that you will find this outreach initiative valuable and may consider becoming a member of our Congregation.